This weekend, we'll be heading to Florida to visit my dad for Thanksgiving, and while we're there, we'll be visiting some of the Children's Homes for which we're applying, as well as some others that we're interested in! No matter where we end up, whether at one of these or another, I think the trip will be good for us to observe the differences in each organization, like how various places are laid out, how their programs are run, how the staff is organized, etc. Hopefully we'll even be able to get some helpful tips from House Parents already in the field!
So, the part that I'm really excited about is that we have TWO interviews tomorrow, one on the phone, and one via Skype! One of those is our final interview, and the other is our second, and if the second interview goes well, then we'll be able to have our final interview with them in person next week while we're in Florida! AND we already have one interview set up for next week while we're down there, which will be our final interview with them as well! Okay, I may seem a little overly excited about all of this, but if you had been looking for the perfect job as long as I have, I bet you'd be excited too! Plus, the timing just seems perfect. I was so nervous that one of the organizations would offer us a job before we had time to consider any of the others, and we'd end up hesitating until it was no longer on the table, or accept it with the fear that it wasn't the right choice. Another astounding thing to me: all of the places we have began the application/interview process with are still on the table, so even if none of these three work out, we're still working with several others! I know I've said this before, but it's just so relieving to finally find a job that seems to fit, and seems to agree that we're fitted for!
Just wanted to share my little excitement!
Jenna
p.s. We would really appreciation it if you would pray with us that God would give us wisdom with whatever opportunities lie ahead, and that He would bring the right people to minister to the children in each of these amazing organizations.
No comments:
Post a Comment