Monday, December 13, 2010

Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...

          So, I've hardly been able to write recently because 1) we were so busy with the holidays, and 2) because we canceled our internet at the house to save money, and writing a blog post via my phone is not very practical... that is, if it's even possible.

          Anyway, since I last wrote, we told two organizations in Florida that we did not think we were the right fit for their organization, turned down an offer from Maine, and determined that we were completely sold and set on the FBCH, well until the week after our trip to Florida. We had one more interview to go to: an all day interview in Tennissee (9am - 8pm). To be honest, I went into that one thinking maybe I could learn something from their organization, but that I wouldn't want to work there since we loved the FBCH so much already, but by the end of the day I was immensely impressed by WVR; Neil and I both were! The community of people that worked there were so friendly and just seemed so genuine, the program they use to educate and council the children is very unique, but seemed very effective, and the home that needs a house parent has some very sharp and very sweet boys living there. Needless to say, we left feeling very torn.

         Both the FBCH, and WVR are amazing organizations, and we would feel immensely blessed to work for either of these ministries. We're basically just in the waiting period with each of them. The FBCH is currently sending off for our background checks, and calling our personal and professional references, and should be getting back to us in the next week or so to either offer us the job or not. WVR is interviewing another couple, and we should be hearing back from them in the next week if they are interested in proceeding with the interview process. We love them both for different reasons, but know that no matter where the Lord leads us, whether it is one of these or another, that HE is in control (I have to keep reminding myself of that, because I get so anxious about it sometimes).

Ready for the next week (or so) to be here already :)
Jenna Land

No comments:

Post a Comment